1. Due to Sun, there is differential heating of land and water.
2. ITCZ shifts over Ganga plains during the Summer.
3. The high-pressure area, east of Madagascar affects the monsoon.
4. Strong vertical air currents and formation of high pressure over Tibetan plateau, the plateau gets intensely heated during the summer.
5. Southern Oscillation affects the monsoon.Answered by Vishal kumar | 2 years ago
Give reasons as to why.
(i) Seasonal reversal of wind direction takes place over the Indian subcontinent?
(ii) The bulk of rainfall in India is concentrated on a few months.
(iii) The Tamil Nadu coast receives winter rainfall
(iv) The delta region of the eastern coast is frequently struck by cyclones.
(v) Parts of Rajasthan, Gujarat and the leeward side of the Western Ghats are drought-prone.