1. Tropical evergreen forests
2. Tropical deciduous forests
3. Tropical Thorn forests and scrubs
4. Montane forests
5. Mangrove forests
Vegetation in high altitudes
1. Alpine vegetation is found in altitudes above 3600 m.
2. Trees in these areas are junipers, birches, and pines.Answered by Vishal kumar | 2 years ago
Answer the following questions briefly.
(i) What factors are responsible for the distribution of plants and animals in India?
(ii) What is a bio-reserve? Give two examples.
(iii) Name two animals having habitat in the tropical and montane type of vegetation.
Choose the right answer from the four alternatives given below:
(i) To which one of the following types of vegetation does rubber belong to?
(d) Tropical Evergreen
(ii) Cinchona trees are found in the areas of rainfall more than
(a) 100 cm
(b) 70 cm
(c) 50 cm
(d) less than 50 cm
(iii) In which of the following state is the Simlipal bio-reserve located?
(d) West Bengal
(iv) Which one of the following bio-reserves of India is not included in the world network of bio reserve?
(b) Gulf of Mannar
(d) Nanda Devi