Here you have got MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science Carbon and Its Compounds with Answers. These will help you with getting prepare with the important Questions for these chapters. It also helps in the revision of the whole concept clearly. It gives an idea about what types of questions can be asked in the examination. These MCQ Questions are prepared as per the Latest Exam Pattern and syllabus. Students can solve these Class 10 Science MCQ Questions of Carbon and Its Compounds with Answers and evaluate your exam preparation level.
Practice the listed 25 MCQ Questions which are given below and score better marks in the exams: -
1. Which of the following statements are correct for carbon compounds?
(i) Most carbon compounds are good conductors of electricity.
(ii) Most carbon compounds are poor conductors of electricity.
(iii) Force of attraction between molecules of carbon compounds is not very strong.
(iv) Force of attraction between molecules of carbon compounds is very strong.
(a) (ii) and (iv)
(b) (ii) and (iii)
(c) (i) and (iv)
(d) (i) and (iii)
2. The number of isomers of pentane is
3. Ethanol on complete oxidation gives
(a) acetic acid/ethanoic acid
(b) CO2 and water
(d) acetone / ethenone
4. Name the functional group present in CH3COCH3.
(b) Carboxylic acid
5. A hydrocarbon has four carbon atoms. Give its molecular formula if it is an alkene.
6. The substance not responsible for the hardness of water is
(a) Sodium nitrate
(b) calcium hydrogen carbonate
(c) calcium carbonate
(d) magnesium carbonate
7. Which amongst the following will conduct electricity?
(d) \(NaCl (aq)\)
8. Artificial flavour for orange is obtained from
(a) amyl acetate
(b) isoamyl valerate
(c) methyl butyrate
(d) octyl acetate
9. Covalent compounds
(a) have high melting and boiling point
(b) are mostly soluble in water
(c) are formed between atoms of metals and non-metals
(d) are formed by the sharing of electrons in the bonding atoms.
10. Which is denatured spirit?
(a) ethanol only
(b) ethanol and methanol (50%)
(c) ethanol and methanol (5%)
(d) methanol only
11. Soaps are formed by saponification of
(c) simple esters
(d) carboxylic acids
12. Assertion: Soaps are 100% biodegradable but do not work well with hard water.
Reason: Some detergents are not bio-degradable but work well with hard water.
(a) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
(b) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A.
(c) A is true but R is false.
(d) A is false but R is true.
(e) Both A and R are false.
13. Ethanol reacts with Na metal to form
(a) \(CH_3ONa + H_2\)
(b) \(C_2H_5ONa + H_2\)
(c) \(CH_3COONa + H_2\)
(d) \(CH_3COOH + H_2O\)
14. The isomeric pair is
(a) Ethane and propane
(b) Propane and butane
(c) Ethane and ethane
(d) Butane and 2-methylpropane
15. The by-product of soap is
(d) Ethylene glycol
16. A functional group mainly determines the
(a) Physical properties
(b) Chemical properties
(d) None of these
17. 100% pure ethanol is called
(a) Rectified spirit
(b) Absolute alcohol
(c) Denatured alcohol
(d) Power alcohol
18. Graphite is used as a lubricant in machines because
(a) it is a good conductor of electricity.
(b) it has a high melting point and slippery layers.
(c) its density ranges from 1.9 to 2.3 \(g/cm^3\).
(d) it is strong and soft.
19. The allotrope of carbon which is a good conductor of heat and electricity is
(d) none of these
20. Which of the following does not belong to the same homologous series?
21. Ethane, with the molecular formula \(C_2H_6\) has:
(a) 6 covalent bonds
(b) 7 covalent bonds
(c) 8 covalent bonds
(d) 9 covalent bonds.
22. Butanone is a four-carbon compound with the functional group:
(a) carboxylic acid
23. The chemical formulae of propane is:
24. I.U.P.A.C. name of acetaldehyde is:
25. Solubility of alcohol in water is due to
(a) low density of alcohol
(b) volatile nature of alcohol
(d) hydrogen bonding
1. (b) (ii) and (iii)
2. (b) 3
3. (b) CO2 and water
4. (c) Ketone
5. (b) C4H8
6. (a) Sodium nitrate
7. (d) \(NaCl (aq)\)
8. (d) octyl acetate
9. (d) are formed by the sharing of electrons in the bonding atoms.
10. (c) ethanol and methanol (5%)
11. (c) simple esters
12. (b) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A.
13. (b) \(C_2H_5ONa + H_2\)
14. (d) Butane and 2-methylpropane
15. (b) Glycerol
16. (b) Chemical properties
17. (b) Absolute alcohol
18. (b) it has a high melting point and slippery layers.
19. (b) graphite
20. (d) \(C_4H_8\)
21. (b) 7 covalent bonds
22. (c) ketone
23. (b) \(C_3H_8\)
24. (b) Ethanal
25. (d) hydrogen bondingAnswered by Sudhanshu | 1 year ago