Insert two nails on the wooden or rubber cork and place them on a beaker as shown in the figure. Connect iron nail to a bulb, 6-volt battery, and a wire connected to switch. Pour some alcohol or glucose so as to dip the nails in glucose or alcohol. Turn the switch on and you see the bulb not glowing despite the connection to the switch. Now empty the beaker and add HCL solution. This time bulb glows. This proves acid can conduct electricity but alcohol and glucose do not conduct electricity.
Answered by Vishal kumar | 2 years ago